Chief Master Sergeant Warisar “Walisa” Villarreal is Senior Enlisted Leader for the 340th Flying Training Group atJoint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas. She is the senior enlisted advisor to the commander, advising the commander on personnel health, welfare, morale, manning, enlisted force development and training support activities. She interfaces with active-duty mission partners, host base and other Department of Defense agencies on programs, mission support and readiness issues. She is primarily responsible for the leadership, organization, training and equipping of 896 citizen Airmen across six units, spanning the continental United States. Additionally, she is responsible for ensuring unit readiness for support of Air Education and Training Command specialized undergraduate pilot training, joint primary pilot training, pilot instructor training, introduction to fighter fundamentals, Euro-NATO joint jet pilot training, United States Air Force Academy Airmanship programs, Air Force Reserve undergraduate flying training, and enlisted basic military training.
CMSgt Villarreal was born in Korat AB, Thailand. She graduated from Taunton High School, in Taunton, Massachusetts in 1992. She joined the Air Force in April 1997 at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas. She completed Personnel Specialist training at Keesler AFB, Mississippi where she was assigned to the 189th Airlift Wing at Little Rock AFB, Arkansas. She worked as a customer service representative in the Military Personnel Flight and the Commander Support Staff for the Wing. She then joined the Reserve as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee where she was assigned to the 470th Air Base Squadron at Geilenkirchen Air Base, Germany. Chief Villarreal’s experience includes working as a Wing Career Assistance Advisor and the Senior Enlisted Advisor to the Director of the Defense Support Services Center. In 2012, she deployed to Bagram AB, Afghanistan where she was assigned to the Personnel Support for Contingency Operations team as the Casualty Assistance Representative. She has extensive personnel experience and has served in the Air Force in various statuses: Air Force, Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve. Prior to her current position, CMSgt Villarreal was the 433rd Training Squadron Senior Enlisted Leader.
2001 Airman Leadership School, non-residence
2004 Associate Degree, Human Resources Management, Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
2005 Associates in Applied Science Degree in Mathematics, University of Maryland
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by distance learning
2009 Bachelor of Science Degree in Human Resources Management, American Military University
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by distance learning
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by distance learning
2014 Professional Managers Certification, CCAF
2015 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Course, Eglin AFB, Fla.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by distance learning
2017 Navy Senior Enlisted Academy, Newport, R.I.
2017 Air Force Reserve Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Reserve Component National Security Conference, National Defense University
2020 Strategic Mindset Seminar, Washington D.C.
2022 Joint Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, by distance learning
2022 Group Senior Enlisted Leader Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- March 1998 – May 2000, Information Management Craftsman, 189th Airlift Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
- June 2000 – October 2003, Customer Service Clerk, 189th Military Personnel Flight, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
- November 2003 – May 2004, Command Support Staff, Brunssum Air Base, Netherlands
- June 2004 – October 2006, Command Support Staff, 470th Air Base Squadron, Geilenkirchen Air Base, Germany
- November 2006 – March 2007, Personnel Craftsman, 1 Special Operations Military Personnel Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- April 2007 – September 2007, Chief of Personnel Readiness, 919th Military Personnel Squadron, Duke Field, Eglin AFB, Fla.
- October 2007 – December 2008, Wing Career Assistance Advisor, 919th Military Personnel Squadron, Duke Field, Eglin AFB, Fla.
- January 2009 – July 2013, NCO In Charge, Headquarters Readiness Management Group, Detachment 3, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- August 2013 – October 2017, Section Chief, Force Management, Headquarters Readiness & Integration Organization, Detachment 6, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
- November 2017 – 31 August 2020, Superintendent, Headquarters Readiness & Integration Organization, Detachment 6, MacDill AFB, Fla.
- September 2020 – 30 June 2022, Senior Enlisted Advisor, Defense Support Services Center, Alexandria, Va.
- July 2022 – March 2023, Senior Enlisted Leader, 433rd Training Squadron, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas
- April 2023 – Present, Group Senior Enlisted Leader, 340th Flying Training Group, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with bronze star
Basic Military Training Honor Graduate
2000 Distinguished Graduate, Personnel Apprentice Course
2001 Arkansas Airman of the Year
2010 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
2013 AFRC A1 Force Support Reserve Component SNCO of the Year
2013 Air Force A1 Force Support Reserve Component SNCO of the Year
2015 AFRC A1 Force Support Reserve Component SNCO of the Year
2015 Air Force A1 Force Support Reserve Component SNCO of the Year
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Permanent member, Air Force Sergeant Association
Member, Air Force Association
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic April 23, 1997
Airman First Class August 10, 1997
Senior Airman April 10, 1999
Staff Sergeant September 1, 2001
Technical Sergeant October 7, 2003
Master Sergeant November 1, 2007
Senior Master Sergeant August 1, 2013
Chief Master Sergeant December 1, 2017
(Current as of October 2023)